If you have known me for any length of time, you know that I have a deep heart for Mexico. My personal journey in pastoral training had its roots in Mexico with my friends/ministry partners Mike Fike and Enrique Medina. Never would I have imagined how frequently I would be traveling to Mexico in the journey of training pastors and leaders in how to make disciple-making ministries. I love the opportunities that God continues to open up for the Foundations training to continue to expand in Mexico!
I realized in a conversation I had with one of our supporters this past month that I don’t do a good job of highlighting the other amazing impact that your investment is making: personal coaching and mentoring of leaders. In the past, it was difficult for me to invest energy into the follow up coaching and mentoring of leaders that we were training because Foundations was only a portion of my role at Sun Valley Community Church. But in this new chapter of ministry with Developing Workers, there is a space for me to invest more heavily into mentoring and coaching of leaders. Between local and international leaders, I am able to spend on average 15+ hours per week in this immensely fulfilling part of our ministry.
So as excited I am for the launching of a new training center in Mexico City in June with the Presbyterian Church of Mexico, I am also excited about the relationships that will be built with these leaders, and the opportunity we will have to help coach and mentor them as they strive to create multiplying, disciple-making ministries!
Did Someone Say “Yeah God!”?
We asked you to “Pray in May” with us and we wanted to let you know the amazing things that God is doing:
- We are now at 87% of our monthly support goal! This is so exciting and we want to welcome all the new partners. Thanks for being a part of this amazing team.
- We were able to surpass the $5,000 one-time gift challenge! This is a big deal because one-time gifts have helped us to continue the ministry while we are still trying to get to 100% support. When people say that they can, “…only give a one-time gift,” we have felt the impact that these gifts have on our ministry!
- We will have training happening in both Mexico and Peru this month! The new training center in Mexico City will also include a meeting with key leaders of the Presbyterian Church of Mexico about the future of this partnership. Please pray for Mike Fike and I as we travel and train.
- We were able to spend some great moments with our family. The business of the Spring gave way to a time to breathe and it allowed us to capture moments that have helped us through the grieving process. So many of you reached out to us after the loss of my mom to let us know you were praying for us. Thank you.
Summer Ministry in Europe
This summer, Onalee and I will be in Spain and Poland serving with ministry partners and preparing for new Foundations training centers. We are excited for the opportunity to travel and serve together. Please pray specifically for:
- Wisdom and discernment as we meet with partners. Please pray we will be an encouragement and also to embrace the opportunities to serve together with them.
- For God to prepare opportunities to meet with the right leaders as we look for open doors for Foundations.
Your Partnership Is Making A Difference!
Foundations Global is under the umbrella of Developing Workers. To give to our trainers, click on the “Donate” button below. Then fill out the “Contribute Now” form.