It truly takes a village, a community, a tribe to make a thing worthwhile. Last weekend’s events in Phoenix, AZ were no exception to that rule.
Developing Workers is so grateful for the prayers, the volunteer hours, the financial gifts, and the partnering churches and organizations that contributed to 4 successful equipping events in the East Valley.
Hear more about the enrichment that took place, and check below for another local opportunity for equipping.
Through a substantial gift of friends of the ministry, Developing Workers was able to bring Curt Thompson, MD to teach and facilitate time with 4 different audiences, reaching more than 500 leaders and families in the greater Phoenix area and beyond.
Curt came to Phoenix to cover the overarching theme of deepening connections, and he engaged each audience for their unique means of discipleship.
Ministry leaders and Christian clinicians who want to grow in their leadership filled the sanctuary tables on Friday morning.
Trauma-informed care providers and educators in need of refreshment and/or seeking to help renew their trauma-impacted communities joined us Saturday morning.
Parents, foster parents, grandparents, hopeful future parents, and others who interact with the next generation joined us at either Friday night or Saturday night’s sessions. Though none of the attending families walked away with 5 formulaic steps to better their parenting, everyone in attendance was blessed to consider how God’s pursuit of our hearts and our connection with Him is just as important as the pursuit of connection with our children.
We praise God for the work He began over this past weekend and the input He provided the city of Phoenix through these events. May the fruit of its impact be increasingly evident through transformed lives and relationships!
Have you witnessed the impact of Developing Workers’ CSI program on the field?
Are you eager to move beyond knowledge of the problem of trafficking and interested in receiving real training?
This course will equip you to actually get involved. You will gain knowledge and skills to combat sex trafficking effectively in the areas of prevention, intervention, rescue, advocacy, or direct services to victims/survivors.
This course is not run by Developing Workers, but we highly recommend it and believe in its efficacy for those ready to engage the problem further.
WHEN: March 27 – April 1, 2023
WHERE: Grace Community Church, Tempe, AZ
HOW: Register today for a fee of $650, and let us know if you sign up!
This time and training offers you:
- Real-time, ground truth vantage into the criminal enterprise of sex trafficking, gangs and organized crime (who is doing what, where and how).
- Tradecraft for acquiring information and conducting rescues of trafficking victims.
- Interactive training on counter surveillance, surveillance detection routes.
- Conducting a safe pick-up and transport.
- Interactive training on planning a rescue operation.
- What a REAL safe house is and what it must have.
- American victims trafficked internationally.
- How to build trust with a victim/survivor to skillfully evaluate their situation.
- Trauma-informed emergency assistance to victims/survivors and mentoring.